Friday, January 21, 2011

Brotherly Loves


Micah and SadieJane are really having fun together lately. My favorite time that they have together is before naptime. Micah insists that Sage wants to play in his bed with him and he tackles her like in the pictures above and she laughs and laughs...until ...she cries...because Micahbird wont let go. But seriously SadieJane LOVES her Bub. Micah sleeps like a teenager so often times SayJ is awake two or three hours before he decides to grace us with his presence so the other day during breakfast she realized he was MIA and put down her spoon...looked up at the ceiling and started yelling "Bub, Bubbbaaaaaa, Bub!" Hilarious. Micah also has missed out on school for a while due to snow, etc. so he finally went back this week. We had gotten so used to having him home, both days when the lady came to get him from the car Sage started crying and reaching for him...even pulling out of the parking lot she was still calling for him. The feeling isn't all the way mutual yet as Micah continues to push, shove and generally ignore her for the most part. BUT there are those glimmers of Brotherly love that I see and am hoping they grow...like when his buddy Jaxson or Hayden do something to her, he all the sudden gets territorial and says "hey, that's MY sister, ya know!" I am so thankful that they have each other and while I would like to give them another sibling (my mother's shaking her head here) they both seem to be content with just each other. Micah most verbally esteems, "we got ONE baby, we do NOT need another, and you (me) couldn't handle it anyways." Such confidence my kid has in me, he must have been talking to my mom lately. Ha. ha. ha.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the brother-sister pics!! As a warning: there will be years of utter distaste for one another, but my brother is truly on of my best friends and biggest fans :) (NOW)

He probably still has nightmares about that "crazy look" I'd get in my eyes when we were younger though! HA