Monday, January 10, 2011

Blizzard of '11

My stylish snow bunny.
Rearview...


Sadie Jane sledding in our makeshift sled...aka an under the bed storage container.
Hayden laid down to make a snow angel and couldn't even make a dent because of the ice. Mick chopped it up and made a pretty good one.

Obviously SayJ is the only one with a matching snow outfit:)


Hayden. With no eyes!!
Micah and Haydee sledding together
Sending Haydee off.

Thankfully you don't see the end of this sled ride. It was a tough landing.
The bird on the porch where he found some soft snow.

Nemo and Ironman playing with Micah.

How we feel about being cooped up.
The kiddos the other night before bed:)

So far after the Blizzard of 2011 we have ventured out twice. Snow days always promise to be fun but there are always a few snafoos (or whiny children). Hayden stayed with us this weekend and we had so much fun that we decided we wanted him to get snowed in with us! So he did and was definitely the most excited for the snow this morning. He is such a good egg. He is actually working on his homework and an art project now:) That is for Jenny...well the whole post is since she claims to miss the little guy. But she is getting to read and do things for herself so I am glad he is here. Our first venture out this morning Micah refused. He has such an aversion to his clothes being a certain way that he couldn't bare the thought of "layering" things on top of his pajamas. It literally sent him over the edge. I thought to myself, how did he get like this? It is insane his quirks. I got everyone else dressed...woke Mick up:) and we headed out. I was determined SayJ wear her snowsuit that we bought last summer for 4 bucks and she wore it proudly. Only problem she couldn't really move with all the layers on and rain boots. She loved being outside but insisted I carry her so that she didn't have to figure out how to get moving. The one time I sat her down she just fell backwards...the suit is so thick it kinda stays straight and she couldn't really fight it. We took Hayden to find some big hills and he loved the sledding. Then we came in for a bit then convinced Micah to come back out with us. He never layered so he was pretty cold. For those that don't live "round here" it snowed then iced so even thought it looks pretty it is a sheet of ice on top of some powdery snow mainly. Micah insisted on wearing his tennis shoes so he just slid all over the place and was again whiny. Grrr. We headed inside for lunch and played dress up and jump and dance party. Overall very fun day. But I am imagining three more days of this and I could be a little stir crazy. Something about being "stuck here" that makes you want to eat everything in sight...and it isn't like I am going running on the thin sheets of glass out there!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it! SJ's outfit made me think of the little brother in A Christmas Story!

You may not be able to move, but you are warm!

I'm happy to say I've been out only to put birdseed out and get snow for snow ice cream! :) Looks like y'all have played enough for me!

Love you!

EMU said...

I'm a little jealous of your friend Jenny at home alone, reading! I admit it! :)