Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sick Baby





Well, Micah has had a few little colds in his short life but they never seemed to bother him. I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has an upper respiratory infection. It is just the saddest thing. He is so mad at life right now. Sleeping is not part of his plan these past few days, which makes it not apart of my plan either. I hope that being sick at Christmas is not apart of our annual traditions, but I did tend to get sick on days when the doctor's office was closed. Seeing Micah sick makes me think about how amazingly our Heavenly Father must look down at us when we are in pain. Watching Micah, I finally understand why my mom used to say she wished she could trade places with me...I thought she was just saying it...but you just wish you could when your baby is sick. I am thankful that the Lord uses Micah to teach me such important truths.


With all that being said, it is still the week before Christmas and there were traditions yet to be made. Yesterday, after the doctor, Micah seemed ok...he didn't get really sick til last night. Being the bad mom that I am my mom and I took Micah and my nephew Hayden to ride the Pink Pig. If you aren't from the ATL you might not have heard of it but it is a little pig that used to go around the Rich's tree in downtown Atlanta. My sister and I rode it every year. I can still remember how much fun it was. So I definitely wanted to make it a tradition for Micah. Hayden also had the cough and sniffs so the two of them together sounded lovely in the backseat. Micah loves his cousin Hayden, but Hayden isn't Micah's biggest fan. Hayden often asks when it is time for Micah's nap so I can play with him by myself. They are really sweet together, Hayden is 3 years old now and is really good at singing make up songs to Micah...yesterday this is the song he made up...I thought I should document it so he could see it later...

Yes Jesus, ride the train
yes Jesus, ride the train
for the Bible tells me so
(to the tune of Jesus Loves Me of course)

They both loved the Pink Pig...Micah sat in the seat all by himself and Hayden just kept saying...oh my gracious...even though they both felt a little yucky they had the best time and we even got to stop at the Varsity on the way home. This tradition will be even more exciting when Micah can remember it!

I am off to take a nap while Micah snores through his nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well then I guess it's a good thing that I'm not there! Hope he gets to feeling better and I'll see you soon!!!