Sunday, October 28, 2012

We put the family in the JDAY Family Fun Run


This year we all had been anxiously awaiting the JDay Family Fun Run. We knew that our whole family could compete this year and we were pumped! Mick and I ran the 5K. Hayden and Jenny ran the 1 mile. Micah ran the .25 mile and SadieJane ran the 50 Yard Dash. We all represented well. But it was SayJ and Mick who brought home the medals:) SadieJane got 2nd place after a photo finish, because she was looking back to watch the girl pass her and win!! But we were proud for sure!! Then, Micah had a little trouble with "distance running" since he ran the 50 yard last year, he ran out of steam and almost gave up. But, after some encouragment from Mick he finished and we were glad. Jenny and Haydee towed their line in the 1 mile. Mick, who was supposed to run WITH his pregnant wife, left me shortly after the start line. Mick can not lose and when he saw there were other men he knew competing he quickly left me in the dust. He won first place and that is all that matters?!?!?!? I finished a frustrated wife, but ran the whole way and was proud to do it while carrying precious cargo. I am already planning on training for next year and leaving mick in the dust!! I guess the whole me not being competitive thing is really going out the window! What a great family day we had though!!

1 comment:

EMU said...

Love that y'all all ran! Too fun! And too funny that Mick left you...I would have left my hubby too if I thought I could win! ;)