Monday, October 8, 2012

Bling Bling!!



SadieJane had been begging all year to get her ears pierced. Her cousin Charlee Ray finally took the plunge so she had SadieJane all excited about the possibility.  We asked Daddy and he said we would wait til her 3rd Birthday. SayJ has had it on her mind ever since. 

Now let me disclaimer here. While I usually analyze every parental decision we make with all sorts of what's and why's and when's and read books and ask people about it. For some reason the earring thing didn't really occur to me to be such a big decision til in the moment. So while I am fine with it, I do know that ALOT of people might judge me, us. I probably would be the one judging had I not just blindly made the decision to let SayJ do it. Haha. I am a little bit thankful that I did not agonize over the decision but I do see now that every decision you make as a parent should be thought through, and while I know that, I see now how sometimes things that seem fun and exciting make you forget to do that. So anyways, enough, what's done is done.

SayJ did great getting them pierced. She was stoic the whole time. Baby girl is serious about decisions she makes and when she wants something she IS determined. We didn't have a mirror right after doing it so she was a little confused as to pain, where is the gain?? But once she saw her bling, happy girl! She really is one tough cookie. Jenny, Nana and Pops also joined us for the event!!

1 comment:

beth ewing said...

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think ear piercing is a big deal. All my friends wanted me to do Adelaides as a baby but I am waiting until she asks. If she asks at 3, then we'll totally do it. If she doesn't ask until 13, then we'll wait until then. I personally don't think it's a big deal (but then again my parents took me to do my second holes in New Orleans when I was 13).