Monday, March 26, 2012

A Real Southern Wedding.
























This weekend was a great family weekend. We spent Saturday together as a family all day. Of course we had to spend a part of it at the ball field where Micah had another game. Then we headed to Alabama to see Maggie, my "penpal" type close friend say I do. Her wedding was beautiful, I mean so beautiful. And for a few years it has been like watching myself get to do other things that God didn't have planned for my life, but allowed me to live vicariously through Maggie as well as be able to encourage her in times when I knew close to exactly how she felt...so it was no surprise that were I to redo our wedding, it would be just like Maggie's. Well, switch the grooms or else that'd be just weird.

Not only was the wedding beautiful, but Maggie loves children so much so that they were invited to the wedding. I am pretty sure Micah and SadieJane had more fun than us, and we had alot of fun. Mick and I always feel like weddings are great dates for us, and it looks like our family is going to carry on that tradition even as a family of four. Which is good, since we've got alot of weddings coming our way!

Mick had not gotten to play with our camera yet, so since alot of my friends were there, he took the opportunity to have a photoshoot. A little embarrassing, especially since most people were taking pictures of THE BRIDE, not their children. But, alas, we got some cute pictures. Sorry Maggie.

We ended the day playing on a playground close to the wedding then driving home with very few fits. It was just a family day with lots of love and laughs. Ahhh. Very few spankins' too. Weddings are especially beautiful as a reminder of what God has called Mick and I to as well. It also helped that a PC Grad married Maggie, small world. Kevin Campbell for the three of you wondering! He preached it and it was a great lesson in love as well. So thankful for a good day. Sorry for all the pictures.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a sweet post. And what beautiful pictures of a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing my friend.