Friday, November 11, 2011

cleaning up.




In true softball fashion the girls got us good this year. Not before Mick and I scared the living daylights out of them...because thank you facebook newsfeed for alerting me some softball players were headed out to a "secret mission" on Monday night. Right now I feel that facebook is the devil most of the time for so many reasons but for that time it was a real blessing. Sprinklers, scary lights, music and Mick screaming met the girls in the front yard. But then, they came back and got us relatively good, considering our sad trees to roll. Micah was a little upset that they messed up our driveway but SadieJane thought it was awesome. She kept saying "Girls...toilet paper...yard!". Still no article adjectives for our girl.
Speaking of cleaning up, I should be doing that right now. The blog has taken a backseat because I have found out that I actually CAN'T do it all. Sad. I know. Seriously it has been a really hard October in that I thought I would have finally gotten a groove and balance doing both preschool work and chicken apartment work. But to no avail. I have less time with my babies and am working hard at both my jobs but feel like I am barely keeping my head above water in those things and then with relationships I feel like that I am almost under the water since I rarely have time to maintain those. Ugh. The bright side is that I can continue to see that God is at work and teaching me things. My relationship with Him is growing and changing because clinging to Him to get it all done is my only choice. Hmmm...I guess He knew that and wanted to have me get there. In all this I have had to "clean up" my timesucking activities and unfortunately the computer tends to be one of them. I do miss it though. But not near as much as I miss my family, friends and general downtime.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Really good to hear Steph, when I am sitting hear crying over the things in my life. I am sorry that all is so busy and hard, but so very thankful that God is holding you dear and teaching you more about His love, grace, and provision. Much love my friend.