Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving















We have alot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Always have and always will. Because we serve and worship a God who blesses His people more than they could ask or imagine. But this Thanksgiving God continued to remind me that those blessings often times are behind very hard times and hard times are often a time where we draw closer to Him. My sister and her boyfriend and newest little boy were all with us for Thanksgiving. She hasn't been around for Thanksgiving for a long time and even longer since we all also got along during that time. So thankful. And then we found out my cousin DavidAllen had a heart attack yesterday right before the meal so my Dad ended up going to be with them for a while. We ended our thanksgiving by stopping by the hospital to see that amazingly he was doing great. So thankful.

Our family went down to the lake a few days ago and I saw Micah and Mick and Hayden very little. They fished nonstop and I chased SayJ who fell a gazillion times. I don't have any family pictures because of this. The day before Thanksgiving I got to run off with Mick for a while and then with my mom for a while, what a blessing to have a little break from being nonstop Momma for the last few weeks. Mick is still not feeling great so you can pray that he gets better because all this sickness is really taking its toll.

Hope that you all counted your blessings, even if it is during hard times. Happy Thanksgiving to you! I sure am thankful that someone reads these silly posts!

1 comment:

Amy said...

thank you for reminding us that we have so much to be thankful for! Love the thanksgiving pictures, and glad that your family got to be together! Also, glad that your cousin is doing better! Love you and am thankful for your friendship!