Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend at the Farmhouse

Ang and I at the rehearsal dinner.
Micah checking out his farm.
The amazing tub (to the kiddos at least)



Ang and her little brother...

Ang and Cookie.













This weekend one of my oldest and dearest friends got married in South Georgia. I say South Georgia because we traveled for five hours and I wasn't really sure where we were. I was the matron of honor and I think this is the first wedding I have been in after having children. Sheesh. It is alot harder to be a helpful and productive attendant when you are also worrying about two other tiny little children. Mick gets the father of the weekend award as he helped so much and really did great with Micah and SayJ. The wedding was at Gin Creek...so I guess I know we were there. It was BEAUTIFUL and we stayed in an old log cabin. Micah called it our farmhouse and boy is missing his calling...he is a farmer in his heart. Too bad he was born a big city boy:) When we got there Micah went on and on about the clawfoot bathtub and after the rehearsal we came into our cabin to find Micah had gotten a bit ahead of us and had gotten naked and was in the tub with no water. He is just so silly. Micah loved being there and loved every part of the wedding. He sat with a new friend for the WHOLE wedding while Mick rocked Sadie Jane out of earshot. I was very proud of him, and the ring of M&M's around his face after the ceremony. He took the picture above of the cross during the ceremony and told the girl he was sitting with that he took it "for Jesus". The ceremony and wedding was so amazing and were at to do it over again (still to Mick, I just want a different dress and better pictures) I would definitely copy some of Angela's things. She rode in on a horsedrawn carraige like a storybook. Angela was my best friend through high school and I spent alot of time at the McLendon house throughout that time as well as college. I am so excited that Angela met and fell in love with a Valdosta farmer...she was so happy and glowing and I was thankful to be apart of her day. Hopefully even with my whole family there she was glad too:)

PS She did marry a boy named Kevin, but I apparently took not a single picture of the boy...what a great matron of honor I am...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great pictures! You look so pretty in blue! Love the one of you and kiddos!

Micah cracks me up! Love and miss you all!

Anonymous said...

you all look fabulous!
-taron

blakley said...

you got a lot of great pics!