Monday, October 18, 2010

Seriously, Stephanie...

Click here to view these pictures larger


Today I went and sold our infant seat carrier. It wasn't something I put alot of thought into...we are having some "budget" issues lately so I am doing my part to help by selling anything in our house that isn't nailed down. (Let me know if there is anything you see that you like:)) I can make you a deal.
Anyways, I took it to Kid2Kid because it is quick and easy and doesn't require me doing much. I know you don't get as much money as if you sold it yourself but it was one of those things that I felt like was an easy sale...etc. So I drop it off, and they do tend to turn stuff down so I was all prepared for them to tell me there was too much spitup inside the lining or something when they asked if I'd like cash or store credit. I didn't say anything for a minute, then I told them I needed a minute. I know they thought I was CRAZY. So I called Mick, just to get that one more time, are you sure we aren't having another, and is this enough money? He said sell it, pretty fast. So I went back in got my cash and left. As I pulled out of the parking lot tears started rolling down my face. Here they come again as I am typing. Sheesh. This was my first item that I have let go of that pretty much seals the deal on no more babies. I have given away alot of clothes and sold some too, but I still have bags and bags of "the good stuff", "just in case". I still have everything else that we would need were it to happen. As I've said before we had to use help to get pregnant with both of our sweet babies so even if we tried I probably would not get pregnant again and I'd be totally fine with it that way. But deciding it on our own is really hard. Harder than I thought obviously. Mick mentioned making an "appointment" yesterday and I was feeling like it might be alright...then the carseat emotions today and now I am not so sure. I mean I seriously feel like I could throw up or cry any time I think about the stinkin' carseat. Both kids are asleep so fortunately that keeps me from driving up there and nicely asking for it back! Ha ha. Then they'd definitely think I was completely off my rocker. I am hoping this is like pulling off a bandaid and the pain right at first as bad...but then you forget about it and it's fine. I am sure Mick is praying the same after he reads this:)
I was trying to get a picture of both my babies in their sweet seat but it wasn't really working...hence the silly pics above...

2 comments:

The Kimmels said...

I'm sure that was a really hard decision for ya'll to make but you are blessed with a beautiful family & if you are meant to have another -- i'm sure there's not much you can do about it. Including selling a car seat. :)

EMU said...

Oh Stephanie! I totally understand you and am sad with you. And I also love the above comment -- wise woman! :)