Friday, August 3, 2012

Girlfriend Therapy


This past weekend Mick so graciously watched the kiddos while I got to go on a beach trip with some of my best girlfriends. We had a blast. It was so refreshing and fun. Although, you can tell from the pictures that I am the oldest of the crew, and I might not can hang with the young ones anymore. Staying out singing kareoke til 3 in the morning is not something my body is prepared for anymore:) We did a bible study on friendship while there. I have always wanted to write my own study to see how it goes, so I attempted it with these girls, because I knew they'd love me and be honest. God used the study to teach us alot but I am not so sure it is where I am gifted. While it was a great trip it came after an insanely hard week and some of that poured over into the trip. The girls were all compassionate and helped me deal. As usual, if you ask God to reveal sin, He will. And He did. Humbling to have sin revealed, double the pleasure if your closest friends get a front row seat in this conviction. But I am thankful for it nonetheless. I am also thankful for friends to laugh with, to cry with and to just "be" with. This was our second year to go trippin', here's to hoping we are there when we are 50! For me that isn't so far away, but for the rest of them, there is plenty of time!

No comments: