Tuesday, May 20, 2014

God WILL Give You More Than You Can Handle...

...and for me, He's done it so I would HAVE to ask for help, accept help, aka lean on the body of Christ.
The above excerpt was from my Bible study I'm doing and it explained what The Lord is doing in my life without me even realizing it. Our current situation has left us in need. We are planners, savers and a family who "might" pride ourselves on being pretty prepared regardless of circumstance. But add a couple kids to a crew that was already under some hard financial and emotional times and viola we are "needy".

I have struggled hard since becoming a Momma with control issues of ever admitting a need for help from others. I can admit easily that I need Jesus and His help...but the help of fellow Christians, umm, that's for weaker women;) Or women with waaaaay serious problems. Ha! Turns out I'm both.

While running this morning I MET with Jesus ya'll. Like felt like my face was gonna be shining when I came back in the house and not just from sweat. Hand raising, tears streaming, can'thelpmysmilin', kind of coming to Jesus party and I loved it. Maybe one day I'll write a post all about it...but for now I'll discuss the portion that applies.;) God was affirming in my heart something I "knew", that I could invite others to join me on this mission He is calling me and it wasn't about weakness, or need even, but about serving Him and being OBEDIENT. 

A year ago my baby girl got real sick and I wrote a post or two about all the ways the body of Christ pitched in. But I failed to mention the most memorable one to me (ok, one of the...) 
For Mother's Day I got a dress. The type or color don't really matter...what matters is that a few of my friends knew I wanted it...and it appeared wrapped and beautiful in the hospital waiting room on Mother's Day! You see, the few friends called other friends and they all got together, pitched in and bought me that dress. It was about so much more than cotton or Matilda Jane. It was about a momma who had been in a hospital room on days unending and a dad who'd been keeping the night watch. There wouldn't have been a Mother's Day gift without the help of my people and they saw a need and made it happen. Everytime I wear that dress I think about those girls; some of whom I'm not even aware; saw a way to be Jesus and they were obedient. 

It's been no different this go round (coincidentally or providentially a year to the date from the aforementioned situation) "my people" have arrived right on time. The clothes, shoes, breakfast bars, prayers, cash, grocery cards, hugs and helping hands have come from all directions. I have people that I didn't even know were "my people". It is an awkward place to be, accepting help from others and being a recipient of their undeserved graciousness. But I'm grateful for it, because the very thing I don't want to admit is that is exactly what I need. I am learning that it is a privilege to serve God, not a hardship, like I initially anticipated. My people have seen a way to be obedient and they are simply doing the same. 

Chances are if you are reading this, then you are apart of "my people"...to you I say I can't say how grateful I am. Your obedience to The Lord and His call to help the "orphaned and widowed" is overwhelming. If you are a random follower then I challenge you to find someone to serve. God is blessing the Harper 7(for now) in ways we never knew possible while we choose to lay our lives down and do the same for these babies under our care.

You'll never know the power of being Jesus to someone by simply being "their people". 

No comments: