Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Say it ain't so!


So we broke the news to the kiddos a few weeks ago. I wanted to make it fun and exciting as I knew that neither would be overly excited about it own their own. Micah has played this "a new baby is fun game" before and it didn't end as we promised. We still have SadieJane after all this time. He has mentioned numerous time that we do NOT need another baby. But we know God wants another baby in our family and we also know that God wants their selfishness to subside, a new baby will just help that little refining process move along a little quicker. I planned an impromptu spend the night getaway in Dahlonega at The Smith House and then a trip to Babyland General in Cleveland. I thought it would be cute to break the news at the Cabbage Patch Kids hospital. It is a special place in my childhood and I was excited to make it a fun place for Micah and SayJ. We had a great time at the hotel and just hanging out as a family. Then Sunday we got up and headed to The Patch. Micah LOVED it. They birth babies out of cabbages for those that don't know...it sounds creepy but it isn't. Well, at least to me. It did sortof creep SadieJane out. We put them in the giant cabbage patch and told them we had one more surprise! They were expecting ChuckECheese. So you can see or hear their reaction was slow to get happy about. Sadly, the entire video was on my phone and it somehow got deleted!!!Ugh. This is the abridged version. You miss SayJ at the end saying she wanted to name the baby SadieJane. I don't have Mick's video but wanted to catch up on the blog. I will post it when I get it. But Micah's reaction was pretty much the same. Total disbelief. He thought we were playing a cruel joke. Haha. Excuse my loud laugh but I just thought it was hilarious. Micah stated on his video that he wants to name the baby Chapel Hill. We definitely like strange names around here, but that one is not going to make the cut. After they realized we were serious we had a long lunch talk about it and I think everyone is mildly happy about it. I just know they are both going to be great with a new baby. I mean, don't get me wrong I'm sure there will be days...but all in all I think it will be a great thing for all of us. Sometimes a growing experience isn't all great but I know we will all have way more dependency on the Lord, and that can't be a bad thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute reaction from the kids. Well I guess you might need to have the twins since Micah wants a boy and Sadie Jane wants a girl. lol