Friday, April 11, 2014

Simply Jesus

Simply Jesus. Well, no, not really,
The verses this week for www.shereadstruth.com is 
1 Corinthians 2:1-5

It's what this whole life is about. I have even less of my own words to say about this weeks verses. Shocking. 

But I do think the main point can be repeated. Preaching not just Jesus, but Jesus CRUCIFIED. Killed, for mine and your sin. That's all we need to hear. Shouldn't it be enough. But often it's not. We look for more...and while the Bible teaches much more, it'd serve us well just to back up off the legalism/hairsplitting/sinidentifying and just focus on sharing that big hunkoftruth called The Gospel. 

So, no more persuasive words from this girl (on these verses;)). I'm gonna think about the Word and do my darnedest to apply it in real life. I invite you to do the same.

No comments: