Friday, March 31, 2017

Be stinkin' still


Been another minute or two. God's been working on this girls heart pretty steadily in this past rebuilding year after the blondes returning to live with their mom, my sister. Thought I'd give a go at the good ole blog one more time. I considered a new, fresh blog, where you couldn't easily stalk back a few years and hear old Stephanie obsessing over things I'd neva obsess ova now. But humbly keeping this baby as home. Lest I one day write something profound and get all high and mighty. I can quickly knock myself off my high horse and be reminded of all my other foolishness. I digress. Per usual.

Was praying to Jesus this morning after a particularly crazy last two weeks and just praising Him for seeing me through some serious messiness. Also just sorta kinda asking (not questioning, that'd be super unspiritual) Him what was up with everybody arounding me being attacked by the devil. Why all the darkness? I mean, He's a big God and He knew I'd been thinking it, why not ask Him instead of my friends.

Then the favorite gift of the Holy Spirit was all up on me with the "Be still and know..." to meditate on. So I did. But I kept focusing on the same thing I always do. The be still part. Yes sir. I'm on it, spring break is coming. Immma bout to be so still...for at least 5 solid minutes. Then it hit me that He wanted me to focus on the rest of the verse...
Which in that moment I couldn't remember. I knew the next part was to know, but know what?

He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Suddenly it's not so much about being still UNLESS while you are being still you focus on knowing Him and making His name known, among the nations...or Douglasville. Click. Ohhhhh...
Your welcome. 
Praying I get to do both shortly and that you do the same (should the Holy Spirit prompt you)

Gonna just use this for my thoughts for a while and see how that goes. Journaling with an audience, sorta. Let me know what ya think. Maybe. 


1 comment:

beth ewing said...

Glad you're back! Missed your writing!